You are here:

Apply for a cane fishing license

Because of the current situation, please note the information on the home page of the Citizens' Office.

Who wants to fish in Bremen flowing waters, needs at least the "stick fishing license".

For fishing

  • in the Weser within the Bremen state border,
  • in the Kleine Weser,
  • in the Lesum upstream to the Burger Straßenbrücke,
  • in the tidal part of the Geeste,

the "stock fishing license" is required.

Nature reserves and fish sanctuaries are excluded from this.


  • Main residence in Bremen
  • Minimum age 18 years or fishing examination according to § 35 Abs. 1 BremFiG
  • no more than 2 pole fishing

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Passport photo