You are here:

Apply for health certificate - for persons (food)

If you come into contact with open foodstuffs during your work (e.g. producing or working with foodstuffs), you will need a certificate from the health authorities before you start your first job in the food sector.

Any person who commercially produces, treats, sells or otherwise places food on the market or comes into contact with food requires a certificate from the public health department in accordance with § 43 of the Infection Protection Act.

In the case of trainees, a decision is made on a case-by-case basis (by the public health department).


People with insufficient knowledge of German (reading and speaking) need a person to help with the translation.

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Cost absorption certificate Health certificate

    A decision by the job centre or an application for reimbursement from an authority is not sufficient in this case. The certificate of cost absorption must be addressed to the health office and must include the billing address and signature.