You are here:

Apply for registration certificate II - loss, theft

If your registration certificate Part II (or your vehicle registration document) is lost or stolen, you will need a replacement for it. Together with the registration certificate Part II, you will also receive a new registration certificate Part I.

Together with the registration certificate part II (formerly: vehicle title), a new registration certificate part I (formerly: vehicle registration document) must also be issued, because the new number of the replacement registration certificate part II must be entered into the registration certificate part I.


Notification of theft or confirmation of loss

What documents do I need?

  • Valid identity card, passport or electronic residence permit (eAT) as well as the original national passport of the vehicle owner applying for the permit
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney

    Additionally: identity card or passport of the authorized person

  • Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
  • Confirmation of the theft report from the police, if applicable
  • if necessary, affirmation in lieu of oath

    when delivered to a notary

  • valid identity card or passport
  • valid test report on a general inspection


  • Form notice of loss

    signed by the principal in the case of representation

  • if registered to companies

    - Current and valid business registration and, if available, current and valid excerpt from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - Power of attorney, if the person authorized to dispose does not personally submit the application on site