You are here:

Applying for a fishing licence

Because of the current situation, please note the Information on the home page of the Bürgeramt.

If you want to fish in all waters of Bremen, you need a fishing license.

The fishing licence entitles the holder to fish

  • in the Weser within the Bremen state border, the Kleine Weser, the Lesum upstream to the Burger road bridge as well as the tidal part of the Geeste (excluding nature conservation and fish sanctuaries)
  • Furthermore, for fishing in all other waters in Bremen and in other federal states in connection with a fishing permit issued by the owner or leaseholder of the water (does not apply to fishing permits acquired under the transitional provision of § 42 para. 3 BremFiG)


  • Main residence in Bremen,
  • Minimum age 14 years,
  • no previous convictions for gross or repeated infringements of animal welfare or fisheries legislation
  • Fishing inspection or fulfilment of the constituent elements of the transitional regulation of § 42 para. 3 BremFiG.

Important: This is a service in municipal responsibility. You can therefore only visit an office that is located in your place of residence.

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Passport photo
  • Fisheries inspection certificate

    or proof within the meaning of § 42 para. 3 BremFiG (fishing licence issued before 01.10.1991 with a validity of at least three consecutive years)