You are here:

Broadcasting fee in the private sector Apply for a reduction

Under what circumstances can you receive a reduction in the broadcasting fee?

If you have a severely disabled person's ID card with the symbol "RF", you can receive a reduction in your broadcasting contribution. You then pay a reduced contribution.


You have a severely handicapped ID card with the mark "RF" and belong to one of the following groups of people:

  • You are blind or permanently significantly visually impaired: Degree of disability (GdB) of 60 percent solely because of the visual impairment.
  • You are hearing impaired, deaf or you cannot communicate adequately even with hearing aids
  • You have a disability and are therefore permanently unable to participate in public events and your GdB is permanently at least 80 percent.

Note: If you receive a reduction, this also extends to your wife or husband within the home. The same applies to your registered partner.

What documents do I need?

  • Severely disabled pass

    Current severely disabled person's ID card with the symbol "RF" in the original (front and back) or as a certified copy The original severely disabled person's ID card will be returned to you without being asked.

  • Certificate "RF

    Certificate of the authority about the award of the characteristic sign "RF". Note: You will not receive the certificate from the authority or the benefit provider back.

  • Further evidence

    As needed depending on the individual case.