Under certain conditions, single parents and parent couples are entitled to a child supplement.
The amount of the child supplement (unlike child benefit) is based on the income and assets of the parents and the children. It amounts to a maximum of 209 euros per month per child and is paid monthly together with child benefit.
Recipients of child supplement can also receive education and participation benefits for their children. The possible benefits are listed in detail on the website of the Employment Agency:
>> Family and children
>> Child benefit, child supplement
The following requirements must be met in order to apply for child supplement:
- The child still lives in the parents' household.
- The child is under 25 years of age.
- The child is unmarried.
- Child benefit is received for the child.
- The parents' monthly income reaches the minimum income limit.
- The family's needs are covered by the payment of child allowance, which is why there is no entitlement to unemployment benefit II/social welfare benefit.