Learn more about applying for a driver qualification certificate here.
The amended Professional Driver Qualification Act came into force on 02.12.2020. The Professional Driver Qualification Ordinance followed on December 17, 2020. The Act and the Ordinance implement the EU Directive 2018/645 amending the so-called "Professional Driver Qualification Directive" from 2003 into national law.
The driver qualification certificate will be issued nationwide from May 23, 2021. It serves as proof of an existing professional driver qualification and replaces the entry of the key number "95" in the driver's license.
The driver qualification certificate can also be issued for foreign EU driver's licenses in which the entry of the key number 95 in the driver's license was not possible until now.
- The application can be submitted by persons who have their main residence in Bremen
- Possession of a driving license of the classes B, BE, C1, C1E, C, CE, D1, D1E, D or DE
What documents do I need?
- valid identity card or passport
- Biometric photograph
- Important information about the photo booths in all offices of the Citizen's Office:
- The machines are operated by outside companies and often do not work. It cannot be guaranteed that passport photos can be taken on site. We advise you to bring passport photos to the appointment.
- EU card driving licence
- Proof of initial qualification or proof of further training modules