You are here:

Education funding: announce changes

Do you experience any changes in your personal or financial circumstances while receiving BAföG? You must inform us of these changes.

If you are receiving educational assistance (BAföG), you must report any changes to your previous application information.

Some changes will result in an increase or decrease in your entitlement.

These include:

  • Change due to enrollment in health and long-term care insurance.
  • Change in your income
  • Change in your parents' income
  • Change in the income of your spouse or domestic partner
  • Change in your housing costs
  • Birth of your child

If your entitlement increases, you will be paid more money each month.

If there is a decrease, you will receive less money. You may have to pay back the excess BAföG.


There have been changes in your personal circumstances that lead to a change in your BAföG entitlement

What documents do I need?

  • Notification of the change

    For changes in your parent's or spouse's or domestic partner's income, use Form 7.

  • Evidence of the change (e.g. remuneration certificates)