You are here:

End legal advisership

Do you have a guardian from the Office of Social Services to clarify maintenance and/or paternity issues? You no longer need the guardian and would like to terminate the guardianship? Here you can find out how to do this.

The parent who has applied for guardianship can terminate it at any time. A written declaration to the youth welfare office is sufficient for this.

You can also terminate the guardianship only partially. In this case, write down the purpose for which you want to keep the guardianship for your child.

The guardianship ends automatically if the legal requirements are no longer met. This is the case, for example, if:

  • both parents have assumed joint custody and the child lives in the joint household,
  • the child has reached the age of majority
  • the single parent and the child move abroad (residence abroad),
  • the guardianship has fulfilled its purpose, for example, paternity has been established.


You have applied for a legal advisership.