You are here:

Extend driving licence categories C1, C1E, C and CE

You would like to have your driving license of the classes C1, C1E, C and CE extended?

The application for driver's license renewal may be submitted 6 months prior to the expiration date of the driver's license to allow for timely processing. The processing time can be up to 6 weeks.


Federally defined forms must be used for the required health certificates; these are available from physicians.

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Driving licence
  • Ophthalmologic certificate

    You can have this report prepared by your ophthalmologist or by a company and occupational physician. An issued expert opinion/certificate is valid for two years.

  • Specialist medical certificate of health

    The certificate of an internist or general practitioner not older than 1 year.

  • Passport photo

    according to the photo sample board

  • Important information about the photo booths in all offices of the Citizen's Office:
    • The machines are operated by outside companies and often do not work. It cannot be guaranteed that passport photos can be taken on site. We advise you to bring passport photos to the appointment.