You are here:
  • Dienstleistungen
  • Paying a different amount of the extraction tax for mining activities

Paying a different amount of the extraction tax for mining activities


You can submit the declaration of extraction levy and the advance notification of extraction levy online via the "BergPass" platform or directly to your competent mountain authority.

Subsidy tax declaration and pre-application for the mining tax online:

  • Call up the "BergPass" online platform and log in.
    • To register, you will need a BundID and an identity card or residence permit with an active online ID function.
  • Call up the forms and fill them out completely and truthfully.
  • Upload the required documents as a file and submit the forms.

Submit the funding tax declaration and funding tax pre-registration directly to the competent authority:

  • Submit the funding levy declaration and the funding levy pre-registration.
  • Alternatively, you can complete the form in the "BergPass" online portal, print it out and submit it by post.

Further procedural steps:

  • The competent mining authority will check your mining tax declaration, the advance notification of mining tax and the documents submitted. If any documents are missing, the authority will contact you.
  • The authority determines the mining levy. You will receive a notice by post informing you of the amount of the subsidy levy and the payments still to be made. In addition, the notification will be sent electronically to the relevant mailbox (BundID or ELSTER company account) in advance and information will be displayed in BergPass.

You pay the amount still to be paid.

Legal bases