You want to pick up your identity card/passport/eID card?
The ID document must be collected from the BürgerServiceCenter where it was applied for.
You can check the processing status of your ID card or passport or your eID card using the serial number stated on your pick-up slip at https://www.landesmelderegister.bremen.de/olav/passpa?mbom=4011000.
Otherwise, ID cards and eID cards can be collected one week after receipt of the PIN letter from Bundesdruckerei. Please note that this PIN letter will not be sent to children who are younger than 15 years and 9 months at the time of applying for the ID card.
For children under 16 years of age, legal guardians alone, without power of attorney from the other, may pick up the ID document.
- However, a power of attorney to collect the identity document is required in any case if the child (aged 16 and over) has applied for the identity document himself/herself.
The requested identification document must be ready for collection.
What documents do I need?
- For the collection of an identity card or passport:
- old identity card/passport/child's passport, which is validated before the new document is issued
- For the collection of an eID card:
- a valid passport or identity card or an identity card of an EU state or another state of the European Economic Area
- if necessary, a power of attorney to collect
If you assign another person to pick up the car, please remember to give this person the old identification document and to issue a power of attorney for the pickup. This person must also be able to prove his or her identity. A special power of attorney is required to collect an identity card (see forms).
While youths over 16 years of age may collect their identity card themselves, in the case of youths under 16 years of age a legal guardian must agree to the sole collection with a special power of attorney. However, when collecting a passport, one parent must consent to the young person's collection by the young person until he or she reaches the age of 18 with an appropriate collection authorisation.