You are here:

Registration of an open air party

Are you planning a private outdoor party with electronic music in public areas? You must register the outdoor party with the public order office.

If you are planning a non-commercial party with electronically amplified music in public areas, you must register it with the Bremen Public Order Office at least 24 hours in advance, according to the local law on non-commercial spontaneous outdoor parties.


The following celebrations are not open-air parties in the sense of the local law:

  • Birthday parties
  • Family parties
  • Company parties
  • Commercial events

If you are planning such an event on public property, please refer to the appropriate description. You will find the link under "Further information".

The following applies to you and your guests:

  • Advertising ban - refrain from any public announcement of the event location.
  • Personal responsibility - you must take personal responsibility for the proper conduct of the outdoor party.
  • No liability - participation in the party is at your own risk.

Certain locations are either excluded or subject to conditions. Lists of the excluded locations as well as the conditions that apply to certain areas can be found under "Further Information".


The following legal requirements apply:

  • Before the start of the outdoor party, inspect the location for sources of danger and remove them if necessary.
  • Avoid disproportionate interference with the location or its neighborhood.
  • Ensure that there is no danger to public safety.
  • Ensure that no noise emanating from the outdoor party will cause a significant nuisance to the general public or neighborhood.
  • Remove trash, debris, or damage no later than 24 hours after the end of the event.
    Waste, debris or damage that significantly interferes with the ordinary use of the location must be removed no later than 10 a.m. on the calendar day following the start of the event! If the event lasts longer, you must remove waste, dirt or damage immediately after it ends.
  • Do not tolerate commercial activities. This includes, in particular, charging admission fees or selling food or drink commercially.
  • Cooperate with police, fire and rescue services!

Other legal obligations of persons attending can be found in the Local Law. You can find this under "Further information".

What documents do I need?

  • Completely filled out form
  • It has proven to be helpful to attach the GPS coordinates of the event area to the registration
  • Proof of the existence of sanitary facilities