You are here:

Request change of address for eID card

Do you want to change the address on your eID card? Find out more here.

From now on, you do not need an appointment for this at the BürgerServiceCenters Mitte, Nord and Stresemannstrasse. You can do this at the Express counter. Please note the different opening hours of the express counters in the various BürgerServiceCenters.

If you have an eID card and your address changes, you must also have your address changed on your eID card.

If you have a main place of residence, you must go to the responsible location for residents' affairs at your main place of residence to change the address on your eID card.

If you are not required to register, the eID card authority in whose district you live at the time of the address change is responsible for you.

Your address will only be changed on the chip of your eID card, as no address is printed on the card itself.


  • You must have moved.
  • You must have an eID card.

What documents do I need?

  • eID card
  • Current official registration confirmation