You are here:

Weapons, ammunition or permit certificates - report loss

If you have lost a weapon, ammunition or a weapons permit, such as a weapons possession card or a weapons license, you must report this immediately to the relevant weapons authority.

You must immediately report the loss of weapons, ammunition and firearms licenses that require a permit. Weapons licensing documents include

  • Weapons possession card,
  • Ammunition purchase license,
  • firearms license,
  • small firearms license,
  • Shooting permit,
  • European firearms pass,
  • Replacement certificate for weapons possession card or weapons license,
  • other permit documents (e.g. weapons trading or manufacturing permit, carry or transfer permit, special permit for carrying weapons at public events).

You can also indicate the loss of several weapons/ammunition and permit certificates in one report.

If you report that you have lost permit documents, you should also apply for replacement documents to be issued to you at the same time.

You must also report to the police that you have lost weapons and/or permit certificates.

If you find the weapons and permits again, you must report this to the relevant weapons authority. You must return any replacement documents that have been issued.


You have lost a weapon, ammunition or a permit.

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport (copy)