100 km/h approval for vehicle combinations and buses
Trailers may, under certain conditions, be permitted to be towed at a maximum speed of 100 km/h on highways and freeways. Similarly, buses and coaches are permitted to drive at 100 km/h on freeways under certain conditions.
The registration for a maximum speed of 100 km/h is possible for
- passenger cars with trailers
- multi-track motor vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of up to 3.5 tons with trailer and
- motor buses
The trailer must meet the technical requirements for the 100 km/h approval. Proof can be provided by a manufacturer's certificate (data confirmation in accordance with § 20 StVZO in conjunction with model 2d of the StVZO) or by a test report from an officially recognized monitoring organization.
In the case of buses, the suitability for 100 km/h must be proven by the vehicle description or an expert opinion from an officially recognized expert.
What documents do I need?
- Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
- Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
- Expert opinion or manufacturer's certificate
- valid test report on a general inspection
e.g. TÜV, DEKRA, GTÜ, KÜS, GTS, FSP
- in case of representation with written power of attorney
Identity card or passport of the authorized person in the original and identity card or passport of the person who issued the power of attorney (copy is sufficient).