You are here:

Change registration certificate I

Personal changes (in the case of first and last names, for example, due to marriage or divorce) must be changed in the registration certificates Part I and Part II.

An exclusive change of address is possible online under certain conditions. For more information, see the service description "Online - change of address in the registration certificate Part I (ZB I)".

What documents do I need?

  • Valid identity card, passport or electronic residence permit (eAT) as well as the original national passport of the vehicle owner applying for the permit
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney

    Additionally: identity card or passport of the authorized person

  • Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
  • Registration certificate part I or vehicle registration document
  • in case of change of address

    it is not necessary to present the certificate of approval Part II.
    BUT: If an old vehicle registration document is still available: this and the old vehicle registration document

  • valid test report on a general inspection


  • if registered to companies

    - Current and valid business registration and, if available, current and valid excerpt from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - Power of attorney, if the person authorized to dispose does not personally submit the application on site