You are here:

claim child benefit


The application for child benefit must be submitted to the Family Benefits Office in writing and signed by the parents. If a written power of attorney is available, the application can also be submitted by an authorized person.

Furthermore, in addition to the beneficiary, an application can also be filed by anyone who has a legitimate interest in the child benefit payment, for example, because he or she provides support for a child in place of the parents.

Since 01.01.2018, child benefit has only been paid for the last six months prior to the month of application.