You are here:

Compensation for the hardship of victims of violent crimes


The documents required for the procedure can be requested from the Office for Care and Integration Bremen.

More information

  • Foreigners are entitled to pension benefits if they are citizens of a member state of the EU or if EU legislation requiring equal treatment with Germans applies to them or if a law comparable to the OEG exists in their home country.
  • Care is also provided to foreign injured parties who regularly stay in the Federal territory for a temporary stay of not more than six months if they are related up to the third degree to a German or a foreigner belonging to the aforementioned group of persons. This also includes survivors
  • under certain conditions, additional benefits under the OEG are possible for foreigners who are not covered by these criteria

The state in whose area the violence occurred is responsible.

Victims of crime and violence receive assistance and support from
Sögestr. 47, 28195 Bremen, Tel. 0421 323211