You are here:

deregister a business

If a trade is no longer to be carried out in the city of Bremen in the future, a trade deregistration is required.

A trade deregistration is always necessary if the independent operation of a standing trade, a branch office or a dependent branch office is abandoned. This also applies if the business is moved to a location outside the city of Bremen.


The registered office of the business enterprise, branch office or dependent branch is in the city of Bremen.

What documents do I need?

  • completed trade registration form

    (registration and transmission is possible online - see procedure)

  • Identity card or passport

    - one copy is sufficient in case of written notification
    - in case of representation with written power of attorney, the authorised representative must be able to identify himself with an identity card or passport