You are here:

Extend driving licence categories C1, C1E, C and CE

Due to the current situation, please note the information on the home page of the Citizens' Advice Bureau.

You would like to have your driving licence of the classes C1, C1E, C and CE extended?

The application for renewal of the driving licence should be submitted approximately 4 - 6 weeks before the expiry of the driving licence in order to allow a timely processing.


For the required health certificates, forms defined uniformly for the whole country must be used; these are available from the doctors.

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport
  • Driving licence
  • Ophthalmologic certificate

    You can have this report prepared by your ophthalmologist or by a company and occupational physician. An issued expert opinion/certificate is valid for two years.

  • Specialist medical certificate of health

    The certificate of an internist or general practitioner not older than 1 year.

  • Photograph

    according to the photo sample board