You are here:

Notify change of address - tax office only

Notify change of address - tax matters

Current address data is of considerable importance for the exchange of information with the tax office. The notification of address changes can be made informally in any written form (letter / postcard / fax) or by e-mail. Data submitted electronically is easier to process and therefore preferable. In exceptional cases, the change of address can also be declared at the central information and registration office, but this requires identification as proof of identity.


In the written procedure, the valid tax number or the valid identification number(s) should be indicated. If this is not available, the previous or the last address known to the tax authorities should be stated in the letter.