Since 01.10.2019 it has been possible for private individuals to carry out transcriptions online. This includes the following variants:
- Transfer of a registered vehicle with Bremen license plate to another owner with a change of license plate
- Transfer of a registered vehicle with Bremen license plate to another owner without changing the license plate
- Registration of a vehicle taken out of service with Bremen registration number to another keeper
- Re-registration of the motor vehicle, after a move to Bremen with change of registration number
- Re-registration of the motor vehicle, after a move to Bremen without changing the registration number
- Approval of a vehicle with an external registration plate with change of holder with change of registration plate
- Approval of a vehicle with an external registration plate with change of keeper without change of registration plate
- Approval of a vehicle out of service with external registration plate with change of keeper and change of registration plate
The Bremen motor vehicle registration authority offers an online portal here. Whether you can start immediately after the online processing depends on the respective variant 1. to 8. For more information, see "Average processing time". The online registration is not available for legal entities and also for business people.
Please note that the online registration and registration of vehicles with seasonal license plates or classic car license plates as well as green license plates is not possible. A registration or transfer in connection with a technical report can also only take place directly at the vehicle registration office. Please book an appointment for this.
- The applicant is a natural person and has an account for the collection of vehicle tax
- payment of the fee via ePayment system
- Internet-based issuance of a SEPA mandate for the collection of the motor vehicle tax
does not apply to variant:
5. Re-registration of the motor vehicle, after a move to Bremen without a change of registration number
a tax exemption / concession in accordance with §3a paragraph 1 or 2 KraftStG must be applied for separately from the customs authorities
- There must be no motor vehicle tax arrears with the main customs office or fee arrears
- The vehicle must have a valid main inspection, which can be retrieved from the central vehicle register.
What documents do I need?
- Registration certificate part I (ZB I) with attached security code
- Registration certificate part II (ZB II) with attached security code
- identity card (PA) / electronic residence permit (eAT) with activated online identification function or electronic proof of identity (eID card) for EU citizens and members of the European Economic Area
To read the PA or eAT, an external card reader or an Android smartphone with version 5.0 or higher and NFC interface or an IPhone 7 or higher with version iOS 13.1 or higher and the badge App2 is required.
- electronic insurance confirmation (eVB)
- Pull off the seal plate(s) of the licence plate(s) to obtain the underlying security code
applies to the variants:
1. transfer of a registered vehicle with a Bremen licence plate to another owner with a change of licence plate
4. re-registration of the motor vehicle, after a move to Bremen with change of registration number
6. Approval of a vehicle with an external registration plate with change of owner with change of registration plate
- Enter the vehicle registration number, enter the security code(s) on the portal form