You are here:

Register for admission to a German school abroad


  • You register your child at the appropriate school.
  • The school decides on the basis of individual requirements and school-specific criteria whether your child will be accepted at the German School Abroad.
  • You will receive information from the school as to whether or not your child will be accepted at the school.

The respective school decides which documents have to be submitted with the application.

More information

German schools abroad offer various educational programs and degrees. In addition to the classic Abitur (abroad via the German International Abitur Examination - DIAP) as well as the International Baccalaureate (IB) and the Mixed Language International Baccalaureate (GIB), many schools abroad also open offers for intermediate school-leaving certificates (Realschulabschluss, Hauptschulabschluss). Some German schools abroad offer dual training or the Fachoberschule. With this intercultural, competence-oriented and also practical education, graduates have good career opportunities worldwide.

Further information can be found on the pages of the Federal Foreign Office, on the Federal Government's portal for skilled workers from abroad, on the pages of the Central Agency for Schools Abroad (ZfA) and the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs of the Länder of the Federal Republic of Germany (KMK).