You are here:

Registering your residence, moving in from abroad


If you have moved to Bremen from abroad, you must register your residence at one of the Bürgerservicecenter in Bremen.

  • Make an appointment at one of the citizen service centers to register your residence after moving from abroad.
  • All persons to be registered (including children) must appear in person at the appointment.

More information

  • If you do not speak German sufficiently, you must bring an interpreter with you. This does not have to be a sworn interpreter. It can also be a person you trust.
  • From the age of 16 no signature of the legal guardian is necessary.
  • Vehicle documents must also be changed
  • Driving licenses are not changed.

For more information, call (0421) 361-88662.