Because of the current situation, see the information on the home page of the Citizen's Office.
The driver's license is issued for drivers of buses or trucks in classes C, CE, D, DE or C1, C1E or D1, D1E for a limited period and can be renewed:
- Driving licences for categories C, CE and categories D, D1, DE and D1E shall be issued or renewed for five-year periods.
- The driving licence for categories C1 and C1E is issued for the first time until the age of 50 and thereafter for five years at a time.
- Application from the age of 46: limitation of the driving licence to 5 years.
What documents do I need?
- valid identity card or passport
- Driving licence
according to the photo sample board
- medical and ophthalmological certificate in accordance with Annexes 5 and 6 of the Driving Licence Ordinance
There is an official form for these certificates, which is available to doctors. You can have the certificate issued by any doctor. At the time of application, the medical certificate may not be older than one year and the ophthalmological certificate may not be older than 2 years.
- performance psychological assessment
Only bus drivers in categories D and D1 require this certificate from the age of 50 years onward for each extension. The performance psychology examination includes, for example, a review of resilience, reactivity, orientation and concentration. Proof that you meet these special requirements is provided by a company or occupational medical report or by a report from an officially recognised assessment centre for fitness to drive.