You are here:

Towing of unregistered/inoperable vehicles

If a vehicle is parked on public property without registration or not in working order, it will be towed away.

An unregistered or inoperable vehicle is not authorized to participate in traffic. This applies to both stationary and moving traffic. For this reason, towing measures for such vehicles can be initiated by decree in the Hanseatic City of Bremen since July 1, 2018.


Lack of approval or unsuitability for operation.

What documents do I need?

  • To be able to collect my vehicle from the towing company:
  • Vehicle registration document

    or registration certificate part II

  • Identity card or passport
  • Driving licence
  • Purchase contract (if available)