You are here:

Do you want to acknowledge paternity to a child?

Paternity of a minor child can be acknowledged in a public deed. The necessary consents (e.g. of the child's mother) can also be notarized.

The deeds can be recorded before or after the birth of the child.

If the father does not acknowledge paternity, the child's mother can receive advice and assistance in establishing paternity. She can also set up a guardianship of the youth welfare office for this purpose.


  • The child does not need to be born yet,
  • but it must be conceived
  • expected date of delivery or date of birth and name of the child
  • data of the other parent
  • The father must appear in person
  • The mother must personally certify her consent

What documents do I need?

  • Identity card or passport