You are here:


  • Make an appointment with the Office of Social Services -Youth Welfare Office, Specialist Service Support/Maintenance for Minors.
  • To make an appointment, you can use the online service under "Further information" - "Online service" - "Recognition of fatherhood, maternity, declaration of custody".
  • Both parents must appear in person, preferably together.
  • After explaining the legal consequences of the document, it is read out and signed by the father. If the child's mother is present, she can also sign.
  • Certified copies of the document are handed out.
  • The consent of the child's mother is required for the recognition to be effective. If this is also provided, a birth certificate can be issued at the child's birth registry office, in which the father is noted.

Legal bases

More information

Paternity can also be recognised at the registry office.