You are here:

Apply for intensive individual socio-educational support

Adolescents and young adults in difficult life situations can get help to become more independent and better able to cope in society.

Intensive individual social-pedagogical support promotes the integration of adolescents and young adults into social life. It is a type of educational assistance. Supporting and accompanying offers are intended to enable age-appropriate support in school and extracurricular activities.

The young person is accompanied by a pedagogical specialist over a longer period of time.

The help can take place in the parents' home, in the young person's own apartment or in a pedagogically supervised residential group.
The goal is that the pedagogical specialist prepares the young person for an independent and self-responsible life. She helps the young person to find friends or other confidants who will continue to accompany and support the young person through his or her life.
If the Youth Welfare Office determines that young people and young adults need such help (have educational needs), then you get this help from the Youth Welfare Office.


  • You are a parent or guardian for a child (the custodial person).
  • You do not manage to care for and educate the child in a way that is good for the child.
  • The help in the form of intensive individual social pedagogical measure is suitable and necessary.
  • If you are a young person of legal age and you apply for help yourself, you must not be more than 21 years old. There are also exceptions: then you may be no more than 27 years old.

What documents do I need?

  • identity card/passport

    If a German identity card/passport is to be authenticated, a written proof of what this authentication is required for must be brought along.

  • Proof of custody

    For example: birth certificate, information from the custody register or decision of the family court on custody.