You are here:

Applying for an extension of the mining license


You can apply to extend your permit online via the "BergPass" platform or in writing to your local mountain authority.

Renewal online apply:

  • Go to the "BergPass" online platform and log in.
    • To register, you will need a BundID and an identity card or residence permit with an active online ID function.
  • Call up the application form and fill it out completely and truthfully.
  • Upload the required documents as a file and send the application.

Apply for an extension in writing:

  • Contact your responsible mining authority and coordinate the required application documents.
  • Submit the application and all required documents.

Further procedural steps:

  • The competent authority will review your application and the documents submitted. If any documents are missing, the authority will contact you.
  • You will receive a notification by post informing you of the decision on your application. In addition, the decision will be sent electronically to the relevant mailbox (BundID or ELSTER company account) in advance and information will be displayed in BergPass.
  • You will also receive a notification of costs. Pay the fees

Legal bases