You are here:

Deregister your residence

Frequently asked Questions

  • If third parties (e.g. landlords) inform us that, to their knowledge, a person has moved out of an apartment and is required to register, this can only be taken as an indication. From a legal point of view, there is no explicit request for the official de-registration of another person. Rather, such a notification is the reason for ex officio investigations of the facts in this regard. A response to the person providing the information is generally only provided for if a written request for information from the population register has been made in advance and a fee has been charged.