You are here:

Education funding: announce changes


If something changes in your case, you must inform the Office for Educational Support immediately.

You can do this in writing or online. You must also submit the relevant evidence with your change request.

If your entitlement has increased, you will receive an amendment notice and the increased requirement will be paid to you. The amount will also be refunded to you retroactively if you have notified all changes in good time.

If your entitlement is reduced, you will receive less BAföG from the following month. In addition, it will be checked whether you have received too much BAföG in the past, which you will then have to reimburse.

Legal bases

More information

You must notify the Office for Educational Support of any changes to your name and address. If your studies and BAföG receipt have already ended, please also inform the Federal Office of Administration of your name and address change.