You are here:

Education promotion Disclose change of personal data

If you receive BAföG, you must notify the BVA of certain changes to your person.

You can apply for and receive the BAföG from your local education funding office. However, the Federal Office of Administration (BVA) is responsible for repayment of the BAföG loan portion after graduation.

For this purpose, the offices for educational grants transmit your data only once to the BVA. There, an electronic file is created and your loan account is set up.

You must notify the BVA of any changes to your name or address yourself. This can be done in writing or digitally via BAföG-Online via "change notification".

If you fail to do so, you will have to pay a lump sum of 25 euros for the expense of determining your address.


  • You have received BAföG,
  • Or receive BAföG
  • There are changes in the following personal circumstances
  • Name
  • Address