You are here:

Replace vehicle registration document

Due to the current situation, please note the information on the home page of the Citizen's Office.

If your vehicle registration document is lost or stolen, you will need a replacement.

If a vehicle registration document has still been issued for the vehicle, the registration certificate Part I is issued as a replacement. The coexistence of a new registration certificate Part I (previously: vehicle registration document) and an old vehicle registration document is not permitted. The old registration document must be exchanged for the new registration certificate Part II.

If the lost vehicle registration document is found again after the replacement document has been issued, the recovered document must be handed in to the registration authority immediately.


Theft report or confirmation of loss

What documents do I need?

  • valid identity card or passport of the applicant vehicle owner
  • in case of representation with written power of attorney

    additionally: identity card or passport of the authorised representative

  • Registration certificate part II or old vehicle registration document
  • if necessary, additional confirmation from the police of the theft report
  • valid test report on a general inspection


  • if registered to companies

    in addition:
    - business registration and, if available, extract from the commercial register (also as a copy)
    - power of attorney, if the person entitled to dispose of the property does not personally submit the application on site