You are here:

Request help for upbringing in full-time care


  • Contact the responsible youth welfare office.
  • The Youth Welfare Office will explain to you in a personal meeting what help is available.
  • The Youth Welfare Office will try to support you so that your child can continue to stay with you.
  • If the Youth Welfare Office and you come to the conclusion that it makes sense to place your child in a foster family, then you can apply for "help with upbringing".
  • All parties involved (you, your child, the caregivers from the facility providing care and the Youth Welfare Office) meet for a help plan discussion. In the help plan, it is determined how the help is to be structured and which goals are to be achieved.
  • The youth welfare office looks for a suitable foster family. You can express your wishes. If there are several possible foster parents, then they can help choose.
  • The youth welfare office regularly checks whether the help is still suitable.

Legal bases